Sellers, are you looking for an experienced Realtor who specializes in Arlington VA Real Estate? Selling your Arlington VA home is the largest business transaction most of us will ever make. With such high stakes and so many important steps, its important to do it right. That’s where I come in. I am committed to guiding you at each step of the home-selling process to ensure that you get every dollars worth for your valued Arlington VA home. My expertise, resources, and diligence help to ensure that the selling process is as seamless and profitable for you as possible.
The Selling Process
I take a comprehensive approach to the sales process. Finding the right buyer often requires that proper staging, marketing, and timing all align. The real estate marketplace in and around Arlington Virginia can be a competitive one. My goal is to make your home stand out and to get top dollar for your property.
To this end, I will be responsible for the marketing activities necessary to sell your house. This includes the creation of a comprehensive marketing plan designed to showcase your Arlington area property to the right buyers.
Furthermore, many home sales occur as a result of internal networking between real estate professionals to pair buyers and sellers. I am deeply connected within the local real estate community, giving your property optimal exposure.
General Tips for Preparing Your Arlington VA Home:
First impressions matter! The correct staging of your home can go a long way toward achieving a successful sale at the highest price. Even minor alterations can have a major impact. Here are a few general guidelines that can help transform your home and ensure you to get top-dollar.
- Start from the outside: A well-kept lawn can help secure a strong first-impression for your home. A day or two of yard work can mean a world of difference in the buyers mind. A clean lawn and well-groomed landscape will help bring in prospective buyers from the beginning.
- The front door welcomes the prospect: Doorways and entrances are usually the first thing a visitor sees inside of your home. Step outside your front door and take an objective view. A fresh coat of paint or scrubbing your door clean will be well worth the effort invested. A seasonal door decoration can instantly give your home a warm, inviting feel.
- Highlight your home: Ample lighting will project a feeling of warmth to the potential buyers. Clean windows will also help illuminate walls and ceilings.
- Clean kitchens and sparkling bathrooms help sell homes: Be sure these rooms are gleaming! Counter tops should be clean and free of clutter. Repair caulking in bathtubs and showers. Fixtures should always be polished. Putting out fresh towels is a nice touch.
- A place for everything: Make sure beds are made and clothing is put away. Neat, well-organized closets show that there is ample storage space. Straightening newspapers, magazines or other “homey clutter” will help improve your homes image to buyers.
- Check for repairs:Minor flaws in your home suggest neglect to the prospect. Be sure to clean and check major appliances. If a potential buyer can find a minor defect in a house, he or she will often assume there are more serious underlying issues.
- Last, relax and have fun! Once a showing is scheduled, try to make plans for lunch or to visit a friend. Having homeowners milling around will often make prospect buyers feel uncomfortable and hurry through a showing. So, relax, and let me do my job to showcase your beautiful home.
If you are looking for a Realtor that specializes in Arlington real estate, give me a call. In all honesty, I know the market very well because I have lived here all my life. With me, you can find the real specialized help that you’re looking for (without all the rigmarole most realtors put clients through). I am a straightforward guy (former cop) and will listen earnestly to your needs, and then help you meet them. When I am not working you might find me doing CrossFit, hanging with my family and friends, enjoying a good craft beer with buds, or traveling.
Bonus, I’m pretty social too! Follow me on Facebook @Brad Winkelmann Real Estate Arlington VA, Orange Line Metro. Or check out my blog which is filled with tons of useful information about Arlington VA.